Dr. Donald M. Berwick – May 14, 2012 -The Boston Globe – An Irish adage says: “When you come to a wall that is too high to climb, throw your hat over the wall, and then go get your hat.” That’s what Massachusetts started with its 2006 law requiring just about everyone to get coverage and arranging to make that coverage affordable. Now, it’s time to get the hat. Read more
- ‘Bag of Pills’: Is It Necessary? Fewer medications is an achievable goal
- Now There’s Proof: Docs Who Get Company Cash Tend to Prescribe More Brand-Name Meds
- Let’s involve Connecticut patients in reducing medical errors
- Want to know about medical mistakes? Talk to the parents.
- Number of hospital accidents not getting any better