By Stacey Naggiar and Kerri Zimmer NBC News A new report suggests doctors across the country are using surgical tools contaminated with blood and other debris and because the FDA doesn’t require hospitals to report it, many incidents are unknown. NBC’s chief medical editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman reports. Read more
- ‘Bag of Pills’: Is It Necessary? Fewer medications is an achievable goal
- Now There’s Proof: Docs Who Get Company Cash Tend to Prescribe More Brand-Name Meds
- Let’s involve Connecticut patients in reducing medical errors
- Want to know about medical mistakes? Talk to the parents.
- Number of hospital accidents not getting any better